Fire Damage Prevention Tips For The Holidays
SERVPRO Tips to North Fort Myers for Fire Damage Prevention and Safety
During the holidays, people love to relax with loved ones. In some cases (but not here in sunny Florida), this involves curling up under a warm blanket or congregating around the fireplace. However, the holiday season can present several fire hazards that could endanger your safety and leave North Fort Myers fire damage to your home. Nevertheless, accessing and implementing sound, proven fire prevention tips, courtesy of SERVPRO, can help ensure that you and your family have a safe and happy holiday. Please continue to read the following information regarding fire prevention.
Fire Prevention Tips
• Purchase a fire-retardant tree. These days, many people are selecting artificial trees. However, these trees can be even more of a fire hazard than the traditional trees. If you purchase an artificial tree, be sure that it is fire retardant. And if you purchase a natural tree, it needs to be a healthy one. Dry, unhealthy trees are a fire hazard.
• Select the ideal tree placement. The majority of Christmas tree fires begin when people place the tree too close to fire sources like indoor heaters, candles, or fireplaces. Locate your tree a minimum of three feet from any heat or fire source, further away if possible.
• Water the tree on a regular basis. Individuals who opt to purchase natural trees should be sure to water them continually. This step ensures that the tree will remain healthy and moist. Because dry pine needles can catch on fire quite easily, this step is immensely important. Soot and smoke damage can become unwelcome house guests.
• Turn your lights off. Get in the habit of turning your Christmas tree lights off when you leave the house and before you go to bed. Do not overload the circuitry feeding electricity to the lights. If you have exterior holiday lighting, be sure to maintain clearance of trees or shrubs to prevent contact leading to fire damage.
• Avoid the use of candles. While candles clearly enhance the aesthetic appeal of your tree, you should never use them for decorations on, or close to, the tree. Only place candles in non-flammable holders away from potential fuel sources. Safer yet, avoid them altogether.
Call SERVPRO Today For Fast, Friendly Fire Damage Restoration
Although the fire prevention strategies outlined above can help you prevent an unwanted mishap, there is still a chance that your North Fort Myers house could be the victim of fire damage. If this should happen, it's important that you know who to call for fast, friendly fire damage restoration services. SERVPRO responds 24/7 with our IICRC-certified technicians to provide you with the detail-oriented, client-centered services you need and deserve. Enjoy your holidays and please remain safe.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of N. Ft. Myers/Punta Gorda is locally owned and operated—so we are part of the North Fort Myers, Charlott Park and Pine Island communities too. Call us 24/7 for help. (941) 575-5910