Eliminating Water Damage In Your Fort Myers Home
Eliminating Water Damage from a Fort Myers Residence
Did you know that a whopping 14,000 people are expected to encounter a water damage situation in their homes or at work each day? Florida residents have more to worry about than flooding, hurricanes, and storms — they also have to worry about the infrastructure of their home failing on them. Anything from a pipe leak to a hole in your roof is enough to cause thousands of dollars in damage without proper mitigation.
If your Fort Myers residence requires water damage cleanup, experienced restoration technicians at SERVPRO can resolve the problem while adhering to the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards. SERVPRO utilizes a variety of advanced technologies at every stage of the water damage mitigation process to thoroughly clean and restore your residence to a preloss condition.
SERVPRO's Advanced Technologies
This seasoned team of restoration technicians utilizes a variety of advanced equipment to address disasters fast, including the following:
• Advanced moisture detection and measurement tools, including infrared cameras, sensors, meters, and hygrometers, to get accurate assessments of moisture and relative humidity and establish practical drying goals.
• High-powered extraction equipment that can address both small and large amounts of water in surfaces and prepare the structure for drying.
• Commercial-grade centrifugal air movers and industrial dehumidifiers that use both low-grain refrigerant coils and desiccant materials to capture and eliminate moisture from damaged spaces.
• A broad selection of odor removal tools, including water and solvent-based dehumidification equipment, to eliminate odor-causing particles.
• OSHA-approved, EPA-registered antimicrobials, germicides, and other sanitizing agents to thoroughly clean and disinfect damaged interiors.
How SERVPRO Can Help
If you have engineered hardwood floors in your home, you may be satisfied with their ability to resist water and extreme temperatures. However, restoration for this type of flooring can be difficult, and in many cases, it may require replacement. If there is enough water from damage to get under the floor, the lack of airflow and the use of vapor barriers can prevent adequate drying and lead to warping and structural damage.
If water has not seeped under the floor between the vapor barrier and the boards, it is quite possible to salvage engineered flooring, but if you notice water coming out when you step on the boards, you may have to consider a replacement.
SERVPRO of N. Ft. Myers / Punta Gorda stops damage in its tracks by being Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (941) 575-5910 for disaster cleanup that can start quickly.
For more about Fort Myers click here.