Our Crew Will Respond Quickly To Your Fire Damaged Home In Fort Myers
Fire Damage Cleanup In Your Fort Myers Home
Today, homes in Fort Myers are filled with appliances and electronics to make your life easier and give us entertainment. Big screen televisions, DVD players, cable/satellite TV boxes, and video game systems overload your electrical outlets and fill up the entertainment centers in your home. Newer appliances have touch screens, which look neat, but also mean there is additional circuitry in them.
When one of the standard appliances in your Fort Myers home has caused a fire, you are stuck with cleaning up the damage afterward. The daunting task of cleanup should be left to the professionals at SERVPRO. Our staff is equipped and specially trained to handle fire damage of any size, and We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
The first appliance that can pose a fire hazard is your dishwasher. If you’ve ever opened up your dishwasher right after its complete a cycle, you’ll feel the heat that shoots out. The heating elements inside the dishwasher to dry your dishes get wet, heat up, and then cool down each time you use the appliance. Faulty or old elements can begin a fire. Do not use your dishwasher if you aren’t going to be home, as it's just not worth the risk.
When you’ve had an appliance fire in your home, SERVPRO techs can help you restore your home quickly. When restoring items that have been damaged by smoke, our primary goal is to restore them to their preloss condition. We apply basic principles of cleaning to accomplish this, starting with finding the smoke residues by carefully inspecting the area affected.
We then need to identify the kind of residues present, as there can be more than one, and the kind of surface affected. Knowing this, we can determine which cleaning methods and products are safe for use to use. We are careful to preserve the material or surface we are cleaning. Some materials are unrestorable if they cannot withstand the process of cleaning.
We lastly need to capture and remove the residues using wet and dry cleaning processes to get the particles off of the affected surfaces and then dispose of them.
Other appliances that can create a fire in your home is your clothes dryer, microwaves, refrigerators, and toasters. It is essential to clean the lint buildup from your dryer often. Even though microwaves can be quite convenient, they also can be dangerous. They can sometimes start on their own and cause a fire, unplug it right away. An electrical short or overheated compressor in your fridge is another danger, and toasters can fail to turn off, making toasters another appliance you should never leave unattended and also clean out regularly.
Remember SERVPRO of N. Ft. Myers / Punta Gorda if you experience an appliance fire in your home in Solana, Cleveland, or Salvista. Timing is vital after a fire, so call us at (941) 575-5910 as soon as the fire is out.
Click here for more about Fort Myers.